Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Little Composition Info.

I have a lot of friends that blog about their lives and families. Many times pictures are taken with Mommy's point and shoot camera. Don't get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a point and shoot. I use mine when we are out and about doing something I want to capture on print. Many times we are outside, sun shining, and kiddos running around like crazy. I will come home upload the pictures to my computer and get the kind of pictures shown below. The sun has planted a huge bright spot on my cute baby's face. These are the kinds of pictures I just delete. But here are some, so you can look at them.



Avoiding the sun shining on your child's face is pretty easy. Place the child either directly in front of the sun or directly behind the sun. If you place the child in front of the sun and it's behind them, make sure to use your flash. This will brighten the child's face and not make your child look like they are sitting in the dark. Just pull out your owner's manual and figure out how to make the flash go off no matter what. You could also sit the child in the shade where the sun is out of the picture and a non issue. In my next post, I'll post pictures that I used my point and shoot to take and demonstrate the techniques I have just described.

0 comments:

Post a Comment